Friday, April 23, 2010

"Hello, My Name Is..."

I accepted the position in the sales training program in Phoenix! I feel relieved, excited, nervous… Relieved that I don’t have to worry about FINDING a job
Excited to start anew in a new city
Nervous to find out that I don’t know what the heck I’m doing.

My new boss asked all of the new hires to write a personal bio saying where you’re from, where you went to college, what jobs and internships you've had, and a unique fact about yourself. Oh, and it must be written in third person. Here is mine:

Linda Permenter is graduating in May from Rice University in Houston, TX with a major in Psychology and a minor in Business. She grew up in San Diego and is delighted that this new job will take her a little closer to beautiful Southern California! Currently, she works as a cocktail waitress in Houston learning the basics of good salesmanship and martini-shaking. Since she was a fetus, her father has gently encouraged her to pursue a career in business, so she took on a rewarding internship at a bank during the summer of ’09. Now she is ecstatic about joining the Suns’ sales team and building a career around the business of sports. An interesting fact about Linda is that, if reality and budget permitted, she would move to New York and become a theater actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment