Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Now that I am in sales, all I can think about is getting people's credit card numbers.

Sinister

Selfish
SALES

I got one huge sale last month through a co-worker of my dad. It was exhilarating and a boon to my entire month. After this sale, orchestrated via my network, I am losing confidence in the 100+ calls I make everyday to random people who have seen a Suns game. When I actually get through to a live person, most conversations proceed as follows:

Me: "When was the last time you came out to a Suns game?"

Prospect: "April."

Me: "Oh great. What brought you out?"

Prospect: "My brother was in town."

Me: "Oh fantastic. How many games did you make it out to in the season?"

Prospect: "Just the one. I don't like basketball."

Me, stumbling: "... Alright ma'am, thanks for your time." CLICK

I have highly pleasurable dreams where I call a random lead, they pick up the phone, and all they say to me is "It's great to talk to you! I love the Suns! Are there any courtside seats available?"

"ARE THERE?!!!!" I exclaim.

In reality, it is proving rather difficult to convince people in Phoenix that they need season tickets to Suns games.

No comments:

Post a Comment