Sunday, April 18, 2010

Feenicks?

My mom has been inundating my brain and my inbox with job search ideas. She knows that I am not completely comfortable with my current job offer. But it’s the only offer I have! My choice right now is between this job and living at home searching for a new job, a search that could take forever. So I have made a pro/con list about this job.

Pros:
  • IT’S A JOB IN THIS BAD ECONOMY
  • Great contacts
  • Fun industry
  • Something new and challenging (sales)
  • Great resume-builder (many executives get their start in sales)
  • Steve Nash
Cons:
  • Less than ideal pay
  • Long hours (when will I have time to hit the gym on weekdays?)
  • No friends in Phoenix --> Lonely :(
  • Never spent any time in Phoenix so I don’t know if I’ll like it
If I go by which list is longer, I’d go to Phoenix.
If I go by which choice betters my career opportunities, I’d go to Phoenix.
But if I go by which choice makes me more comfortable, I’d go home and keep looking…

No comments:

Post a Comment